- College Rep Visit
- Open House - January 28
- PSAT Score Reports are here
- Registration - Scholars Prep Guides
- Scholarships and Senior Events
- SENIORS! Urgent - FAFSA Deadline is February 1st - Need help?
- senior important dates & events
- Yearbook Orders
Tuesday, January 21
A representative from South College will be at MHS on Tuesday, January 21 during the morning break. Students that are TN Promise eligible can attend South College tuition free. South College automatically awards a grant to cover the remaining tuition costs. A quarter system schedule allows medical associate degree programs participants to fit inside the two year time frame. South is a test optional institution and works one on one with each applicant on acceptance into the school. The most popular major is the BSN program but all medical programs are relatively popular.
We would like to invite parents to attend our Spring Open House on Tuesday, January 28. The evening will begin at 6:00 p.m. with important grade-level meetings conducted by our Guidance Department about registration for next school year.
At 7:00 p.m., following the class meetings, parents will have the opportunity to meet teachers and rotate through their student's schedule.
Seniors & Parents,
We hope you had a wonderful holiday break and are prepared for the whirlwind that will be your final semester of high school! Listed below are the most recent scholarship additions as well as quickly approaching deadlines to help you focus your search. Attached is another scholarship resource provided by a local university as well as an MHS Senior Events flier for the Class of 2020. All of the scholarships listed can be found in the Naviance Scholarship List.
Reminders from the November Email...
- ONE OF THE BEST sources for local scholarships! The deadline for ALL scholarships on this site is FEBRUARY 15, 2020!
- Maryville City Schools Foundation
- Skeeter Shields Scholarship - will go to one MHS senior. Only one has applied. Due to Mrs. Stryker: Jan. 27
- William Bennett Scott Scholarship - will go to one MHS senior. No one has applied. Due to Mrs. Stryker: Jan. 27
- â€‹â€‹â€‹TheDream.US -- any college -- Jan. 30, 2020
- Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship -- any college -- Feb. 1, 2020
- Dorothy Dean Shelton Mathematics Scholarship -- UT Chattanooga -- Feb. 15, 2020
- Marjorie Watson Mathematics Scholarship -- UT Chattanooga -- Feb. 15, 2020
- C. B. Brown Scholarship Program -- TN School of Beauty -- Feb. 28, 2020
- Arther K. & Sylvia S. Lee Scholarship -- community colleges -- June 30, 2020
New Additions to the Scholarship List
- Westbrook Chemistry & Physics Scholarships - UT Chattanooga - Feb. 14
- Flavorful Futures Scholarship - any college - Feb. 15
- CollegeBoard Opportunity Scholarships - any college - late February deadlines
- James Leonard Jenkins Prudentia Lodge Scholarship - any college - March 6
- one of the larger local scholarships offered to our students
- will be awarded to TWO OR THREE MHS seniors
- JL Jenkins VoTech Scholarship - Vocational, Technical, Trade schools - March 6
- **NEW** will be awarded to ONE MHS senior
- Franklin E. Robinson Memorial Award - any college - March 10
- Fort Craig School of Dynamic Learning Scholarship - any college - March 20
- Sparkplug Scholarship - any college - March 27
- awarded by Fairview United Methodist Sparkplug class
- OppU Achievers Scholarship - any college - March 31
- Kenny R. Moats & Officer 156 Memorial Scholarships - any college - April 15
- MANDATORY TNPromise meeting - March 2 - MHS Cafeteria - 5:30; sign-in starts at 5:00; Students MUST attend this meeting in order to maintain TNPromise eligibility.
- MHS Senior Events Flier
- Additional Scholarships Resource
Please let us know how we can help or if you have any questions!
MHS School Counselors
Mrs. Jackie Stryker
Senior Program Teacher & School Counselor
Maryville High School
FAFSA must be completed by
February 1, 2020
Hey Seniors!! Do you still need to complete your FAFSA form? Great news!! A TSAC financial aid representative, Erika Adams, will be at MHS all day (9:00-3:30) on Wednesday, January 29 to help you. If you would like to make an appointment with Ms. Adams so that your parent can attend, please contact Rachel Scarbro in the guidance office for a specific appointment time. Otherwise, Ms. Scarbro and Ms. Adams will be calling you down to guidance to get the FAFSA finalized sometime on January 29. Remember, FAFSA is a requirement for those utilizing the TN Promise Scholarship. The FAFSA MUST BE COMPLETED by February 1, 2020 to remain eligible for the program.