- MHS Summer Office Hours (Front Reception Area, Student Services and Guidance Office)
- New Student Enrollment Procedures
- Rising Sophomores - Student & Parent Orientation
- Summer Review, Reading & Assignments
- Transcripts for 2019 Graduates
Beginning June 3, the high school offices will be open on a limited basis. The offices will be accessible by telephone on Tuesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 8:30 and 11:30 a.m. and from 1:00 until 3:00 p.m. In addition, on Tuesday mornings the front reception office will be open from 8:30 until 11:30 a.m. for anyone who needs to conduct business in person. The office is CLOSED on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. There will be some weeks when the office is closed entirely due to vacations, training, housekeeping, etc. The office will reopen on July 29.
Students who need a 1010 form to obtain a driving permit must request and obtain it from the Student Services staff before May 31. After May 31, no forms will be issued until school resumes on July 29.
New Student Enrollment Procedures
The Guidance Office will be open July 24th through August 1st (6 days) to register new students.
(8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. daily)
[There is no appointment necessary to complete Steps 1 and 2 below. We will schedule an appointment with a counselor once all documents have been collected and reviewed]
Step I -
If the custodial parent or legal guardian owns or rents the home they are in, acceptable proof will be:
- current rental or mortgage statement/contract AND
- current utility or similar bill
If the custodial parent or legal guardian is residing with a resident of Maryville City, then the owner/resident of the property will be required to provide a notarized affidavit to that effect AND provide the information listed above to establish residency. IN ADDITION, the custodial parent or legal guardian must provide at least four (4) of the following documents containing the address:
- current bank statement
- current employer verification of residence address by letter from employer on company letterhead
- current pay check, work stub, or government benefits
- current automobile, life or health insurance policy
- current driver's license
- current Tennessee motor vehicle registration or title
- current Tennessee voter registration
- current IRS tax reporting W-2 within the last 12 months
- receipt for personal property or real property taxes paid within the last year.
Step 2 -
Once residency has been established, the parent/guardian MUST obtain the following items before a student can be considered for enrollment at MHS:
- A current Tennessee Immunization Certificate issued through the county health department or your family physician in Tennessee (Blount County Health Dept. 865-983-4582).
- A copy of the withdrawal form from the previous school attended, with grades at time of withdrawal (we will request this from the school if you do not have one).
- If the student has ever received Special Education services, the parent MUST provide copies of the most recent IEP, Psychological Evaluation, and any other appropriate records (we will request this from the school if you do not have copies).
- A transcript showing all high school credits attempted and earned (we will request this from the school).
- A copy of the student's Social Security Card.
- A copy of the student's Birth Certificate.
- Turn all the above items in to the MHS Guidance Office along with the completed registration form:
- registration form
Step 3 -
Upon completion of steps 1 and 2 above, our guidance office will request a transcript and pertinent records from the previous school. Once the transcript and records arrive, we will review them and make an appointment with a guidance counselor to create a class schedule. If you have questions, please call 865-977-7970 or email email@example.com.