Course Placement Review Form

Course Request Forms

Four-Year Course Plan

January 2019 Open House Presentations

New Student Enrollment Procedures

New Student Enrollment Procedures

[There is no appointment necessary to complete Steps 1 and 2 below.  We will schedule an appointment with a counselor once all documents have been collected and reviewed]


Step I -

The parent/legal guardian must meet with the Principal or one of the Assistant Principals to establish residency and provide documentation of custody, if applicable, and to fill out the Disclosure of Offenses form. The administrator will need proof of residency as explained below:

If  the custodial parent or legal guardian owns or rents the home they are in, acceptable proof will be:

  1. current rental or mortgage statement/contract   AND
  2.  current utility or similar bill
If the custodial parent or legal guardian is residing with a resident of Maryville City, then the owner/resident of the property will be required to provide a notarized affidavit to that effect AND provide the information listed above to establish residency.  IN ADDITION, the custodial parent or legal guardian must provide at least four (4) of the following documents containing the address:
  1. current bank statement
  2. current employer verification of residence address by letter from employer on company letterhead
  3. current pay check, work stub, or government benefits
  4. current automobile, life or health insurance policy
  5. current driver's license
  6. current Tennessee motor vehicle registration or title
  7. current Tennessee voter registration
  8. current IRS tax reporting W-2 within the last 12 months
  9. receipt for personal property or real property taxes paid within the last year.

Step 2 -

Once residency has been established, the parent/guardian MUST obtain the following items before a student can be considered for enrollment at MHS:

  • A current Tennessee Immunization Certificate issued through the county health department or your family physician in Tennessee (Blount County Health Dept. 865-983-4582).
  • A copy of the withdrawal form from the previous school attended, with grades at time of withdrawal (we will request this from the school if you do not have one).
  • If the student has ever received Special Education services, the parent MUST provide copies of the most recent IEP, Psychological Evaluation, and any other appropriate records (we will request this from the school if you do not have copies).
  • A transcript showing all high school credits attempted and earned (we will request this from the school).
  • A copy of the student's Social Security Card.
  • A copy of the student's Birth Certificate.
  • Turn all the above items in to the MHS Guidance Office along with the completed registration form:
  • registration form

Step 3 -

Upon completion of steps 1 and 2 above, our guidance office will request a transcript and pertinent records from the previous school. Once the transcript and records arrive, we will review them and make an appointment with a guidance counselor to create a class schedule. If you have questions, please call 865-977-7970 or email

returning student annual verification

Scholars Prep Guide (Course Catalog) & Course Offerings

Work Based Learning (2020-21 CTE Work Based Learning Application)

Dual Enrollment Procedures

Information about Elective Courses

Made with Padlet