- Daily Announcements
- AP (Advanced Placement)
- Contact Us
- Documents, Forms, Links
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Graduation 2019 !
- NCAA Eligibility
- PSAT Testing Information
AP (Advanced Placement)®
What is AP?
The Advanced Placement Program® (AP) enables willing and academically prepared students to pursue college-level studies while still in high school. The program consists of college-level courses developed by the AP Program that high schools can choose to offer, and corresponding exams that are administered once a year.
AP Fast Facts at a Glance
- There are 38 AP courses in seven subject categories.
- Maryville High School regularly offers 20+ AP courses in all seven subject areas each academic year.
- Each AP course is modeled on a comparable introductory college course in the subject. Click here to learn how AP courses are developed.
- Each course culminates in a standardized college-level assessment, or AP Exam.
- AP Exams are given in May each year at testing locations all over the world.
- Schools must be authorized by the AP Course Audit to offer approved AP courses and use the AP designation.
- 2019 MHS AP Exam Calendar
- 2019 MHS AP Exam Registration Form
- AP Credit Policy Search
- AP Students
- TN Colleges' AP Credit Policies
- MHS AP Grading Policy