Parents & Students
- Admit Slips, Checking Out & Parking Reminders
- Parent Newsletter
- Senior Dates and Activities (includes graduation information)
- Scholarships & Community Service Opportunities
- Scholars Bowl Airing on PBS !
P A R K I N G
Any student with a car parked in a school lot without a 2018-19 purchased permit, will be ticketed with a $55 fine and forfeit any opportunity to purchase a decal for the remainder of their MHS career.
Admit Slips and Checking Out
If you were absent, make sure to get your Admit Slip BEFORE school starts in student Services. If you are checking out, bring a note (signed by a parent) to Student Services BEFORE school on the day of your appointment.
If you are checking out, please make sure to SIGN-OUT in Student Services BEFORE LEAVING CAMPUS.Failure to follow this procedure will result in morning school detention.
Seniors & Parents,
We hope that you are in the midst of the scholarship hunt. This is a quick email to notify you of some recent updates and additions to the Scholarship List in Naviance. Please review the scholarships below and let us know how we can assist you further. ***Remember...the deadline to return the application to the guidance office may be earlier than the deadline listed on the application. Some scholarships require processing and other documentation and, therefore, must be in our office earlier to ensure on-time postmark &/or delivery dates.***
***Ned McWherter Scholars Program***
- Eligibility - 29 ACT and 3.5 unweighted GPA
- Deadline - Feb. 15
- Where to apply - TSAC portal (link in Naviance Scholarship List)
- STUDENTS - don't miss this opportunity if you are eligible! This is a simple and very quick application!
East Tennessee Foundation Scholarships
- One of the BEST sources for local scholarships!
- ALL SCHOLARSHIPS ON THIS SITE ARE DUE FEBRUARY 15!
Recent Additions & Updates
- Kyle William Kiihnl Memorial Scholarship - Feb. 22
- UT Knoxville Summer Apprenticeship Program - Feb. 28
- Regions Riding Forward Scholarship Essay Contest - Feb. 28
- Marjorie Watson Mathematics Scholarship - UT Chattanooga - March 15
- Franklin E. Robinson Memorial Award - March 22
- Sparkplug Scholarship - March 26
- Ollie Keller Leadership Scholarship - March 31
- James Leonard Jenkins Scholarship - April 2
- Foothills Striders - April 22
- Student-View Scholarship Program - April 22
- Mega List of Scholarships - link in Naviance Scholarship List
Community Service Opportunities
- Foothills Winter Blast - THIS FRIDAY, Feb. 1. Sign-up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090949afad23a6fb6-foothills
- Celebrate Recovery Program with First United Methodist Church of Maryville - Contact Gordo Watson @ (865) 643-5153 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TN Promise Seniors:
Mr. Kirkland, technology coordinator at Sam Houston Elementary, is looking for students for an enrichment program at the school. This is a great community service opportunity, which will take place during spring break.
Thursday March 7 and Friday March 8
7:45 a.m. to Noon each day.
Volunteers will be assigned small groups of students to help and supervise. If you love kids and love to play, then we want you!
If interested, please contact Mr. Kirkland via email at email@example.com.
The Scholars Bowl competitions from last fall will be airing on the following dates on the PBS station in Knoxville:
Monday, February 11th - Anderson County vs. Maryville
Tuesday, March 5th - Maryville vs. Seymour
Monday, March 18th - Jefferson County vs. Maryville
Friday, March 22nd - Cedar Springs Gold vs. Maryville
Tuesday, April 2, 2019 - Cedar Springs Gold vs. Maryville Encore
Drop-off and Pick-up:
Beginning on January 3, the traffic pattern for student pick-up and drop-off will be altered to separate car and bus traffic.
Car drop-off and pick-up will be in the front of the gymnasium, and traffic will ONLY be permitted to turn left onto Lawrence Avenue when leaving the parking lot.
Part of Lawrence Avenue will be open for bus traffic only from 7:30 am – 8:00 am and 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm. Melrose Street (from Mountain View Avenue to Lawrence Avenue) will be closed to thru traffic from 7:30 am – 8:00 am and 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm; however, students may use this street to access B and C lots.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we explore the best option to ensure the safety of our students. Multiple administrators and teachers will be on bus duty to allow for a smooth transition as we all become familiar with the new process.
Canvas Parent Instructions (click here)
(complete the "Parent Signup" section with your name, email, child's username, and password (if you are unsure of your student's username and password, please ask them)