Enrolling at MHS

2018 New Student Enrollment Procedures

Step I
The parent/legal guardian must meet with the Principal or one of the Assistant Principals to establish residency and provide documentation of custody,
if applicable, and to fill out the Disclosure of Offenses form. The administrator will need some proof of residency, such as rent receipt, mortgage contract, city electric bill, etc. that clearly shows the custodial parent/guardian lives in the city of Maryville.

Step 2
Before a student can be considered for enrollment at MHS, the parent must obtain the following items:

  • A current immunization card issued from the State of Tennessee through the county health department or your family physician in Tennessee. (Blount Co, Health Dept. 983-4582)
  • A copy of the withdrawal form from the previous school attended, with current grades.
  • A transcript of all courses taken for high school credit, or in the case of a new 9th grader, a report card stating that the student is "promoted" from the 8th grade.
  • If the student has ever received Special Education services, the parent must provide copies of the most recent IEP, Psychological Evaluation, and any other appropriate records.
  • A copy of the student's Social Security Card.
  • A copy of the student's Birth Certificate.

Step 3
The final step in the enrollment process is to make an appointment with the appropriate School Counselor to complete a class schedule. You may make an appointment through the following numbers:
            Administrative Offices - 865-982-1132
            Counselor Offices - 865-977-7970;          Counselor FAX # 865-982-2005

School Counselors: 

Jennifer Abernathy - students last names A - G

Rachel Scarbro - students last names H - N

Kori Holland - sophomores & juniors last names O - Z

Kim Porter - seniors last names O - Z

Jackie Stryker - transition counselor & AP Coordinator