Enrolling at MHS
New Student Enrollment Procedures
Step I -
- current rental or mortgage contract AND
- current utility or similar bill
- current bank statement
- current employer verification of residence address by letter from employer on company letterhead
- current pay check, work stub, or government benefits
- current automobile, life or health insurance policy
- current driver's license
- current Tennessee motor vehicle registration or title
- current Tennessee voter registration
- current IRS tax reporting W-2 within the last 12 months
- receipt for personal property or real property taxes paid within the last year.
Step 2 -
Before a student can be considered for enrollment at MHS, the parent MUST obtain the following items:
- A current Tennessee Immunization Certificate issued through the county health department or your family physician in Tennessee. (Blount County Health Dept. 865-983-4582)
- A copy of the withdrawal form from the previous school attended, with grades at time of withdrawal (we will request this from the school if you do not have one).
- If the student has ever received Special Education services, the parent MUST provide copies of the most recent IEP, Psychological Evaluation, and any other appropriate records.
- An official transcript showing high school credits attempted and earned (we will request this from the school).
- A copy of the student's Social Security Card.
- A copy of the student's Birth Certificate.
- Turn all the above items in to the MHS Guidance Office along with the completed registration form:
- registration form
Step 3 -
Upon completion of steps 1 and 2 above, our guidance office will request a transcript and pertinent records from the previous school. Once the transcript and records arrive, we will review them and make an appointment with a guidance counselor to create a class schedule. If you have questions, please call 865-977-7970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.